Potato Kugel MeatloafFrom mommyth 6 years ago
- 1 kg chopped beef (about 2.25 lbs) shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 8 medium potatoes shopping list
- 1-2 medium onions shopping list
- 3-4 carrots shopping list
- 2-4 zucchini shopping list
- 5-6 eggs (the original kugel recipe calls for 5 eggs) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Grate or food process the vegetables. (I think it tastes better coarsely grated by hand)
- Mix everything together and pour into a 9x11 (or larger) baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
- The original kugel recipe calls for baking at 350 degrees. A friend bakes the potato kugel for an additional hour to brown it more. Up to you.
- Serves 6-8, and there's plenty left over.
The Cookmommyth Kochav HaShachar, IL
The Rating4 people
sounds great!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Oh wow, this sounds decadent. I love shephard's pie and this sounds like a very nice version of it. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!