Chocolate TrufflesFrom sas 6 years ago
How to make it
- Mix the cream and butter together in a sauce pan Place over a double boiler heat and bring to a full boil. Turn off heat.
- 2. Add 8 ounces of the chopped chocolate, and gently swirl the pan.
- Do not stir. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 3. After 5 minutes, whisk slowly to combine.
- 4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. In the meantime, line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5. After 45 minutes, the mixture will start to thicken quickly, keep refrigerated another 11 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- 6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons, form the mixture into 1-inch balls and and place on the prepared sheets.
- 7. Chill until firm, about 10-15 minutes. While the balls are chilling, melt the remaining 6 ounces of chocolate. After it is completely melted, allow to cool slightly before continuing.
- 8. Place cocoa in small bowl. Remove the balls from the refrigerator. Using one hand, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Roll it around in your hand, allow the excess to drip back into the bowl. Place the truffle in the cocoa. With your clean hand, cover the truffle with cocoa.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating6 people
I make them just as you, with time I have omited the butter, and they come perfectly tne same, thanks for posting!magali777 in Mexico loved it
This recipe looks perfect and I will ask one of my daughters if she could make these for the Christmas cookie/sweets plate. Thanks so much for a lovely "5" fork truffle recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
oh yes, i use this exact recipe. LOVE IT! The family is always begging me to make them! Love the photo!!foodinnewengland in Claremont loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!