Easy Beef StroganoffFrom jaeleepoms 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 lbs of lean beef stew meat shopping list
- 2 – 10 oz cans of cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 16 oz fresh sliced mushrooms (or 2 – 4 oz cans) shopping list
- 1 packet beefy onion soup mix (if you just have onion soup mix, just add more beef bouillon/base) shopping list
- 1 cube beef bouillon (or Tablespoon of beef soup base paste) shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon each of garlic salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
- 1 - 16 oz container of sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- Splash of white wine (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the beef in a skillet - no need to cook through (you want it to get really tender with prolonged cooking). Add the mushrooms when the beef is nearly finished browning along with the packet of Beefy Onion soup mix and pepper. At this point, you can transfer beef to a crock pot, or just keep in a pot on the stove and cook over low simmering heat.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and beef bouillon to the pot. You can also add the splash of white wine if you want a little more sophisticated depth of flavor - the alcohol content will cook off, and it's insignificant amount anyway. Cook over low heat for a couple of hours, until meat is tender.
- Stir in the sour cream, dried parsley and garlic salt (for a little added color and flavor) at the end. There shouldn't be a need to add any water as the mushrooms will let out water as they cook down, but if the sauce is too thick, you can certainly do this. If the sauce is a bit runny, you can add a slurry of cornstarch and water to thicken it up. Serve over wide egg noodles (or whatever you choose).