Neelys Bar-B-Que Chicken TennesseeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 2 chickens (or 4 whole bone-in chicken breasts) halved lengthwis shopping list
- Neely's Italian dressing: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Neely barbecue seasoning shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Neely's barbecue seasoning: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups paprika shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder shopping list
- Neely's barbecue sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups ketchup shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- For dressing:
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl, except the oil and salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- For seasoning:
- Combine paprika, sugar and onion podwer in a bowl and stir well.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to six months.
- For sauce:
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- For chicken:
- Rinse chicken halves in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in a large bowl or baking dish, coat with Italian dressing and evenly season with Neely's seasoning.
- For best results, allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- If cooking Inside, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and brush chicken with Neely's barbeque sauce.
- Place into a preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- If grilling outside, thirty minutes before you're ready to cook, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to a medium temperature, about 275 degrees F, preferably over hickory and charcoal.
- Place the chicken halves on the grill, meat side down.
- Cover grill and cook for about 50 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and let it brown until the chicken becomes golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The wing and the drumstick should become very tender and will easily pull away at the joints.
- Brush the chicken with Neely's barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
rulezzzzzzzunclefedor in Tula loved it
rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzunclefedor in Tula loved it
another yummers!herby in Albany loved it