Alabama White Sauce Barbecued ChickenFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- whole chicken shopping list
- salt shopping list
- coarse ground pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- For Alabama white sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Make a cut through the chicken parallel and beside the backbone.
- This will enable you to butterfly the chicken.
- Once the chicken is opened, pop the keel bone or breast bone (the dark bone separating the two breasts) out of the chicken.
- Lightly coat each side of chicken with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides and place skin side up on the cooker away from the hot coals.
- Cook using indirect heat for 1 hour 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Flip chicken and season "meat side" with coarse ground black pepper.
- Cook for an additional 1 hour 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the cooker and submerge in a pan of Alabama white sauce. ( sauce is just mixed together and not cooked )
- Cut and serve.