Award Winning Pineapple Bread PuddingFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 12 slices of Natures Own butter bread(You can use any bread, but I like this one. shopping list
- 1 can Doyle or Delmonte crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup butter flavor or yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- bourbon Sauce shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup bourbon shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half or milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large baking pan, place bread slices, overlapping each slice.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in pineapples and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure each slice is saturated.
- Push down bread to make sure it is well coated.
- Sprinkle with pecans and cake mix.
- Drizzle butter over top and bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from heat .
- Serve with Bourbon Sauce (recipe follows) and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Bourbon Sauce
- In heavy saucepan, melt butter and sugars.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in half and half.
- Stir in bourbon and continue to cook for a minute.
- Remove from heat and let stand a minute or two before serving on bread pudding.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating6 people
This is fantastic. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Love, love bread pudding! The very first thing I learned to cook! I was 5 years old! Near and dear to me. Great, wonderful recipe. ;)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Love this!^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it