Mums Old Fashioned Lemon Meringue PieFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 1 pie crust (9 inch), baked shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1st four ingredients in saucepan. Stir in water. Cook over medium heat unti lthick and clear. Add a little of the hot mixture to beaten egg yolks and return to hot mixture. Cook 1 minute more stirring constantly. Take from heat and beat in butter and juice. Pour into shell and cool slightly. Top with meringue & brown in 425 oven for 5 minutes.
- Meringue: Beat egg whites until fluffy and gradually add 6 T. sugar. Continue to beat until stiff.