Veggie SamosasFrom splosh 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup diced pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced potato shopping list
- 1 onion, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 clove of crushed garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup red lentils shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chick-peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup frozen/ can peas shopping list
- Pastry: shopping list
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon butter shopping list
- little water shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and chop vegetables. Fry onion and garlic for a couple of minutes, until soft, add curry and lentils and fry a further minute. Add the 1/3 cup water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, and add the chick-peas, potatoes and pumpkin, simmer a further 10 minutes, take care not to burn it, until they're tender. Add the frozen peas towards the end.
- Stir in the coconut cream and remove from the heat.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, add just enough water to form dough. Knead and split dough in half, roll out on a floured surface into two oblong shaped sheets. Place about 1/2 cup of filling on the sheet, fold ends over and press edges down with a fork. Meanwhile, heat an inch of veggie oil in a small saucepan until hot - but not too hot - drop veggie samosa into the oil and deep fry until browned, turn over and cook other side, pull out and place on a paper towel to cool.
- Serve with tomato and sweet chilli sauce.
The Cooksplosh Mullumbimby, AU
The Rating2 people
Oh yes! I love samosas so much and this particular recipe sounds like it would be absolutely delicious. What a fabulous filling! I can't wait to try!! Thank you! (I hope you don't mind that I added it to the groups!)auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!