Giorgios Tuscan RaguFrom squirrel_nut 7 years ago
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 C white onion - fine chop shopping list
- 1/2 C carrot - fine chop shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1.5 lb ground sirloin shopping list
- 3/4 C dry red wine shopping list
- 1 beef boullion cube shopping list
- 2 bay leaf shopping list
- 6 oz Contadina tomato paste shopping list
- 12 oz beef broth + 1/2 can water shopping list
- xx red pepper flakes to taste shopping list
How to make it
- saute onion & garlic in olive oil until soft.
- add celery and carrot. saute additional 2 min until soft.
- add meat. cook until brown.
- add boullion + wine. reduce for 3 min.
- add tomato paste. incorporate.
- add broth. bring to a full boil.
- add bay leaf.
- add red pepper flakes (from 1/2 Tsp to 1 Tbsp)
- simmer 1-2 hours. begin checking after 1 hr.
- freezes great, serve over penne or your favorite pasta.
The Cooksquirrel_nut Austin, TX
The Rating2 people
I love this one and it's been ages since I did it.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Classic and soooo delicious. Wow - I wish I had a big plate of this right now! Thanks so much for the great recipe and for that gorgeous picture. I wish I was in Tuscany right now. :) ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it