Applesauce BarsFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup thick applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S peanut butter chips or HERSHEY'S cinnamon Chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins(optional) shopping list
- lemon FROSTING(recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Beat shortening, brown sugar and egg until light and fluffy in large bowl. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; add to shortening mixture, beating until well blended. Add applesauce and water; beat until well blended. Stir in peanut butter chips and raisins, if desired. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Frost with LEMON FROSTING.* Cut into bars. About 36 bars.
- LEMON FROSTING
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 to 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- Beat butter and powdered sugar in small bowl until well blended. Gradually add lemon juice and peel; beat until of spreading consistency. About 3/4 cup frosting.
- * Recipe may be doubled for a thicker frosting. Original recipe amount is more like a glaze.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!