WW Steak and Mushroom PieFrom pip133 9 years ago
- 1 spray Gold n Canola canola oil spray shopping list
- 800 g fat trimmed raw beef stewing cuts, cubed shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 whole beef stock cubes, dissolved in 450ml (2 3/4 cups), boiling water shopping list
- 225 g mushroom, sliced shopping list
- 1 whole fresh carrot, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbs cornflour, blended with 3-4 tbs water shopping list
- 1 sheet Pampas reduced fat puff pastry shopping list
- 1 tbs skim milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the meat and brown in batches. Set aside on a plate. Add the onion to the same saucepan and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock, mushrooms, carrot and parsley to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender. Check the level of liquid from time to time, topping up with a little extra water if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Season the cooked meat with salt and pepper. Stir in the blended cornflour and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Tip the mixture into an oblong baking dish.
- Lay the puff pastry sheet on top of the baking dish, trimming the edges with a sharp knife. Use the excess pastry trimmings to make leaves for decoration. Position them on top, and brush the entire surface with milk. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.
- 3.5 points per serve
The Cookpip133 Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!