Saucy Chicken And Asparagus BakeFrom beckytank 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and halved shopping list
- 2 tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken breasts halves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- If the asparagus spears are thick or seem tough, cook them in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain. Place the asparagus in a greased 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the chicken and brown on both sides; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken over the asparagus.
- In a bowl, mix the soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice; pour this over the chicken. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle the dish with the cheese and let stand for 5 minutes so the cheese melts.
The Cookbeckytank Johnson City, TN
The Rating4 people
Wonderful recipe. I love asparagus and the combination is great.cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
You can't go wrong with Paula Deen's recipes. She tries them all on her show before it goes in a book. This one is fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Good post. Looks good and broccoli will and a little color and different look. ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it