Grandma Bettys Gingerbread CakeFrom hollymayb 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and molasses and combine well.
- Alternately add boiling water mixture and dry ingredients. (Make up water mixture just before you use it)
- Pour into greased 9X13 pan. (metal is better, edges dry in glass)
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F, or until toothpick comes out clean/dry.
- Serve warm with whipped cream (only very lightly sweetened)
- Goes well with a fall dinner.
The Cookhollymayb Baltimore, Maryland
The Rating5 people
So how old would you guess this divine recipe is? It does sound very good.tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
My youngest daughter is 26. She would tell anyone who asks that I am 101 years old!!! LOL, she got spanked the other day for it. Your a good daughter/granddaughter! Let me know if you find out the age(ish). The older the recipe the more I like i...moretuilelaith in Columbia loved it
I'm not a big cake fan...well, not true, I'm not a big cake with frosting fan.....This sounds great...I'd be interested in knowing how old it is too...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it