Houllihans Baked Potato SoupFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound baking potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1/4 pound butter shopping list
- 2 cups diced yellow onions shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules, I use chicken soup base. shopping list
- 1 cup potato flakes shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in soup pot & add onions. Saute over low heat for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add cornstarch to onions and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring well.
- In large bowl, combine water, chicken base, potato flakes and seasonings. Stir or whisk well. Add slowly to onion mixture, stirring constantly so no lumps form. Increase to medium heat and continue cooking until the soup begins to gently simmer.
- Add milk and cream, stirring until smooth and lightly thickened. Simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add potatoes. Remove from heat and serve with shredded cheddar and sliced green onions.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
great soup recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love potato soup! This sounds wonderful.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it