Brownie Banana Split DessertFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- Your favorite brownie recipe for a 9 x 13 pan (I use my “Fudgey Brownies” recipe because it’s dense and moist – perfect for this dessert) OR 1 boxed brownie mix, prepared per package directions (you need to use a brownie mix that makes a 9 x 13 pan when prepared) shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ¼ cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained very well (I put it in a wire sieve and push the moisture out gently with my hand, then dab some paper towels over the top of the fruit to dry it off as much as possible) shopping list
- 2 bananas, sliced and sprinkled with a little fruit Fresh (to prevent browning) shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries shopping list
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- ½ cup fudge ice cream topping shopping list
- sweetened whipped cream (optional) shopping list
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your own brownie recipe, or a brownie mix according to package directions, using a 9 x13 pan.
- Allow brownies to cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended; stir in pineapple; spread mixture over brownies.
- Randomly sprinkle sliced bananas and strawberries over cream cheese layer.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Drizzle with ice cream topping (warm fudge sauce just enough to soften it so you can drizzle it out of the jar – DON'T overheat it, or it will melt the cream cheese layer).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (best to chill at least 2 hours before serving).
- To serve, cut into bars and top each with whipped cream (optional) and a maraschino cherry.
- NOTE: I like to let the dessert set out on the counter for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving, just to take the chill off the brownie base a bit - not necessary, but just a suggestion if you like it a bit less cold.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
Good lord woman...I might as well just sit in it and apply it directly to my backside...that's where all the calories end up anyway!! GROAN!!! Can't wait to try this...you're killing me!!! ;9angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Wow, I love this fantastic recipe! Calories or not, I'm making this one.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
WHO CARES ABOUT THE CALORIES..HEHEHE.....:}
GETS A 5+ GF..........:}mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!