Sweet And Spicy Dry Roasted ChickpeasFrom boofie 7 years ago
- 2 cans drained organic chickpeas, unsalted if possible shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
- 2 packets of Splenda sugar substitute shopping list
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp sweet paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- Pinch of cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a mesh strainer, gently rinse beans. Dump onto a wad of paper towels and gently roll them dry.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread chickpeas evenly across sheet.
- Bake chickpeas, checking at ten minute intervals to ensure they aren't burning. I like to give a good shake for even roasting.
- When chickpeas have reached desired level of crunchy, toasty, roasty goodness, remove from oven and *lightly* spray with an olive oil cooking spray. This will encourage the seasoning to stick to the dry roasted beans without compromising their crunch or low fat content.
- In a tightly sealed tupperware or plastic bag, shake beans in seasoning mixture. Discard excess seasonings.
- For best results, store in an airtight container in the fridge. For super best results, eat immediately!.