Pittsburgh Style Low Country BoilFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 4 cans beer shopping list
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds kielbassa, cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 2 pounds new potatoes, tiny shopping list
- 10 small onions (about 3 pounds) shopping list
- 5 ears of corn, shucked and halved shopping list
- 2 pounds large shrimp, large, in shells shopping list
How to make it
- In a crab pot combine water and beer, Old Bay and red pepper. Cover and bring to boil. Add corn, onions, sausage and potatoes in that order. Return to boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp. Cover and cook another 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Pour into colander and drain.
- Pour down center of picnic table and dig in.
- NOTE: I also add fish filets wrapped in parchment paper on occasion along with the shrimp. You can add live crabs, lobsters, clams, mussels, or whatever tickles your fancy. It's ALL good!