four cheese ravioliFrom paperdollpeople 7 years ago
- 2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, sieved shopping list
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 oz romano cheese, grated shopping list
- 4 oz swiss cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbl parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the Dough: Put the flour in a bowl. Add the butter in thin slices, then the salt. Stir in the cup of boiling water, and mix together. (I found that it's easiest with an electric mixer or a kitchen aid)
- When the mixture has formed a mass, take it out of the bowl and place on a well-floured board and knead it until it becomes a soft, sticky dough that is rather easy to work and roll out.
- Form the kneaded dough into a ball and place it back in the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap so that it does not dry out while it rests.
- Prepare the Filling: In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Taste, and correct for seasoning. If too dry, add a little more cream. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Assemble: Clear a large work area and flour the surface well. Keep the flour nearby to dust the work surface and hands as you work. Prepare a lightly floured (enough so that the dried ravioli do not stick to the pan) tray or cookie sheet to put the formed ravioli on.
- Cut the dough in half. Leave half in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cut the other half in half again. Roll each piece out about as thin as a penny. Cut the dough into strips about 2 inches by 4 inches.
- Place teaspoonfuls of filling in mounds on each strip. Fold them over so that the squares are now 2x2, with cheese inside.
- Press down on the dough around each mound of filling, then lightly press down on the seal with a fork.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place the sealed ravioli on the prepared tray and cover with a kitchen towel that has been well dredged with flour.
- let the ravioli sit on the tray for 45 minutes before they are cooked.
- Turn them over every once in a while so that they dry evenly. (The ravioli can be frozen at this point for future use.)
- Bring 6 to 8 quarts of salted water to a boil and drop in 6 to 10 ravioli at a time. Cook 1 minute more after they rise to the surface.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place them in a warm bowl that has been filmed with melted butter. Pour a little melted butter over the ravioli and keep them warm while you cook the rest. Pour melted butter over each batch of new arrivals. (weight watchers can either substitute marg. or eliminate this step)
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese or tomato sauce.
The Cookpaperdollpeople New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!