Green GazpachoFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- 2 cups or so lettuce leaves, chopped. Any variety is fine, but I love a bibb lettuce for this. shopping list
- 2 cups or so spinach shopping list
- 3 green onions shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus extra for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise -- use homemade if at all possible, the flavor difference will be apparent shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 -3 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, to your taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- The lettuce, spinach, green onions, cucumbers and parsley need be only coarsely chopped since they'll be going into a food processor or blender.
- So, combine the lettuce, spinach, green onion, cucumber and parsley in a food processor with blade attached or in a blender and process to form a puree.
- Gradually add the remaining ingredients.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Chill for at least an hour, spoon into individual serving bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream. A few little drizzles of chili oil is great with this, too!
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating6 people
I love a good gaspacho especiall in the summer time and this one sounds perfect. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Green is my favorite color! This Gazpacho sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I Love the color GREEN...even if my
16 year old Grandson doesn't!!!
I can just imagine how delightfully cool and delicious this will taste when I make it..just for me!!!
..."5" FORKS....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!