Caribbean Chicken and Couscous Salad - Weight WatchersFrom modelsmom 8 years ago
- 1.5 cups water shopping list
- 1.5 tsp curry powder, divided shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated (can use powdered ginger) shopping list
- 1 cup plain couscous shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup plain, fat-free yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 2 T low fat mayo shopping list
- 2 T mango chutney shopping list
- 2 T water shopping list
- 10 oz cooked chicken, shredded or cut into bite-sized chunks shopping list
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup mangoes, diced shopping list
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced shopping list
- 1 handful cashews, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Put 1.5 cup water, 1 tsp c urry powder, ginger, and olive oil into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add couscous.
- Remove from heat & let stand, covered, 5 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Transfer couscous into a large bowl, fluff with a fork, and refrigerate for a few minutes to chill slightly.
- Stir yogurt, cilantro (if using), mayo, chutney, remaining half-tsp of curry powder, and 2T of water together until blended.
- Pour over couscous, toss to coat.
- Add chicken, grapes, pineapple, and mango to couscous mixture, toss to coat.
- To serve, line each of 6 bowls with lettuce leaves & top with chicken/couscous mixture.
- Sprinkle scallions and cashews on top.