Triple Decker Chocolate Coconut Cream PieFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 3 eggs slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 baked 9" pie crust cooled shopping list
- whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan stir together sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk then blend in eggs.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture boils then stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat then stir in butter and vanilla.
- Into small bowl pour 1-1/2 cups cream filling then stir in coconut and set aside.
- Stir together cocoa, 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons milk.
- Blend into remaining cream filling in saucepan.
- Return to heat then cook just to boiling stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat then pour 1 cup chocolate filling into baked pie crust.
- Spread coconut filling over chocolate layer then top with remaining chocolate filling.
- Spread evenly then press plastic warp directly onto surface and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Just before serving spread with whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover pie.