Caramel Chocolate Pecan PieFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 cups pecans finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 14 ounce package caramels shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 8 squares semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix pecans, sugar and butter then press onto bottom and up sides of 9" pie plate.
- Bake 15 minutes then cool completely.
- Melt caramels with 1/4 cup milk in heavy saucepan over low heat stirring until smooth.
- Pour over crust then sprinkle with pecans.
- Stir chocolate, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla in heavy saucepan.
- Cook over very low heat until just melted then pour over caramel pecan filling.
- Spread to edge of pie then refrigerate.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.