Chicken PepperoniFrom jaeleepoms 7 years ago
- 8 thin slices of boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 12-16 slices pepperoni, ultrathin shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan shopping list
- Dry italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 cups spicy marinara or pizza sauce shopping list
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend (with mozzerella) shopping list
How to make it
- Take two slices of the chicken breast and overlap about 1/4 inch lengthwise. Pound them together into one piece to about 1/8 inch thickness. (Do yourself a favor and get the thin presliced boneless chicken breast from the grocery if you can. Otherwise, cut thin wide fillets when the boneless chicken breast is still partially frozen for easier cutting).
- Lightly sprinkle with dry Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Spread about 1/8 cup of shredded Parmesan to within 1/4 inch of the sides of the chicken. Top that with 3-4 very thin slices of large pepperoni (You can usually find this in the deli. if not, you can use the prepackaged pepperoni like Hormel and use enough to make a thin layer over the chicken and cheese).
- Roll each chicken fillet short-side to short-side so that cheese and pepperoni are rolled inside the chicken. Secure with a toothpick or two to keep them from coming apart in the oven.
- Place inside greased shallow pan and bake at 325 for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and increase temperature to 400. now there are two ways you could do this - leave the chicken whole, or slice each into a few wheels, and place each serving back in the pan with the wheels overlapping for each serving. Then, top each with some marinara or pizza sauce, and some Italian cheese blend. Put back in oven for another 10 minutes to melt cheese until starts to slightly golden. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley for presentation if you wish before serving.
- Serve this with your choice of pasta. I like to do either rotini or a long noodle (like spaghetti or thin linguini). I usually toss the pasta with some melted butter, garlic salt, grated parm and parsley.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!