Oven Fried ChickenFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 3 lg.eggs,beaten shopping list
- 3Tbs Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 med. onion,sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves,smashed and peeled shopping list
- 1 whole chicken(3-4lbs.) cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1/4c Wondra Flour shopping list
- 1/4c fine yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4tsp coarse salt shopping list
- 1/4tsp sweet paprika shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/rc extra virgin olive oil for brushing. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix eggs,tabasco,onion and garlic in a lg bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour(or up to 8 hours)
- Preheat oven to 450. Place a rimmed baking sheet on center rack. Whisk flour,cornmeal,salt,paprika and cayenne in med bowl. Remove chicken from marinade and roll each piece in flour mixture,shaking off excess.
- Place chicken on preheated baking sheet and bake 20 mins. Lightly brush top odf each piece with oil and bake,brushing tops every 10 mins until chicken is dark golden brown,30-40 mins. more.
- Transfer chicken to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Serve immediately,or let cool to room temperature.
- Wondra is a vry light,finely ground flour that prevents the crust of fried chicken from becoming thick or clumpy. Sifted all-purpose flour will work in a pinch.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- sgtcallahan East Gwillimbury, CA
- chefelaine Muskoka, CANA
- cploreilly Meaford, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- divaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- pointsevenout Athens, AL
- shepherdrescue Lake Forest, CA
- lorie5202 Catskill, NY
- donman Hammond, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating12 people
I would like two buckets please.... thanks!
lol - Sounds delicious - I like the addition of the hot sauce which I have never used - and have always only made oven fried chicken - though I never had them drunk on the eggs...buttermilk and reg. ...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
We used to have oven fried all the time when I was little, your recipe has a lot more flavor! Wonderful!!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
awsome oven fried chicken thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it