Beef Brisket in BeerFrom bobbijo 5 years ago
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 1/2 to 3 pounds) shopping list
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke, optional shopping list
- 1 tsp. celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 can (12-oz.) beer or nonalcoholic beer shopping list
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Cut brisket in half; rub with liquid smoke if desired, celery salt, pepper and salt.
- Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Top with onion.
- Combine beer and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm.
- Strain cooking juices;transfer to a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Thinly slice beef across the grain; serve with gravy.
The Cookbobbijo Wayland, IA
The Rating4 people
This is a 'mouth-watering' recipe for
brisket! I really like the use of
'liquid smoke'! and of course the
Thanks for sharing! "5" FORKS !!!!!
...mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Giving this a shot tonight! Thanks for the recipe!jlophoenixrising in Riley loved it
Okay, ya! Got my 5, easily!! Loved it! Will def make again and again and again--and the gravy omg the gravy!jlophoenixrising in Riley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!