Slow Cooker Jamaican Black Bean SoupFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 1 pound dried black beans shopping list
- 48 ounces chicken broth, canned shopping list
- 2 cans tomatoes with green chilies, rotel original shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, Chipotle chili variety shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat beans and water to boiling in 4 quart pan, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand overnight.
- Drain beans. Place beans and remaining ingredients (except sour cream) in large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours then reduce to low and continue cooking another 6 to 8 hours.
- Mash beans with potato masher to get a nice consistency. Serve soup topped with sour cream.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
I love black beans anyway you can fix them and this sounds fantastic. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sound great. May add some smoked sausage or hot links to this, but can't wait to try it. Thanks and a High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it