Blueberry SconesFrom sher 8 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 5 tbsp plus 1 tsp cold butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven400*
- Sift together dry ingredients
- cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Toss berries into dry ingredients to coat. If using frozen be very gentle as not to crush
- Beat egg in separate bowl
- Beat in buttermilk
- Make well in the center of dry add buttermilk mixture
- combine until dough comes together again being gentle to keep from crushing the berries.
- Turn out on floured surface
- Flour top and pat into a thick round
- Cut into 8 wedges and place on ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with a little cream which has a dash of vanilla added.
- Bake 20-25 minutes
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksher New Minas, CA
The Rating3 people
I made these this morning and they're great!
I chose this recipe out of all the others because it really is simple and quick!
I replaced the blueberries with strawberries and added a little cinnamon, then baked for about 30 minutes, and the...morekkills in Philadelphia loved it
This looks so good, I can't wait to try this recipe!prieel in Ingelmunster loved it