Grilled Beef Fajitas with Green Yogurt SauceFrom chef2 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt shopping list
- juice of 2 limes (1/3 cup) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1/4 cup for brushing vegetables shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, a few sprigs shopping list
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) sirloin steak or flank steak shopping list
- 2 red or green bell peppers, halved and seeds removed shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, Maui or Texas Sweet shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 to 12 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 yellow, orange or red vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a grill pan or electric grill to high heat, or prepare outdoor grill.
- In a shallow dish, combine the juice of 1 1/2 limes (reserving 1/2 lime) with 2 tablespoons olive oil, hot pepper sauce and chopped thyme leaves. Coat beef in the lime-oil. Grill beef 6 or 7 minutes on each side.
- Baste pepper halves with a little oil, and set on grill alongside beef. Cut onion into 4 or 5 thick slices, cutting across the onion. Remove outer ring of the sliced onion, discarding the skin. Baste onion with oil and place on grill. Season beef and vegetables with salt and pepper. Peppers and onions will grill in about 10 minutes. They should be charred at edges, but still have a bite to them.
- In a food processor, combine yogurt, the juice of reserved 1/2 lime, the jalapeno pepper, cilantro leaves and salt. Process the ingredients into a smooth, green sauce.
- Once you remove beef and vegetables from the grill, char and warm tortillas. Slice cooked beef on an angle and transfer to a serving plate. Slice peppers into strips and cut onion rings in half. Transfer cut veggies to platter alongside beef.
- To assemble, pile beef, pepper strips and onions into tortillas and top with chopped tomatoes and lots of yogurt green sauce.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!