Cookies and cream layer cakeFrom rva93 7 years ago
- cookies and cream cake: shopping list
- 1 box basic yellow cake batter (i'll be posting later a basic yellow cake recipe that you can use if you have a little more time!) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. coarsely chopped chocolate cream sandwiches cookies (about 10-12 cookies) (I used Oreo cookies) shopping list
- Fluffy white icing: shopping list
- 2 c. whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2c. (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar shopping list
- Finishing touch: shopping list
- 2 c. finely ground chocolate sandwich cookies. shopping list
How to make it
- Make cookies and cream cake:
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter 2 round 9"" cake pans. Dust each pan with flour, tapping out excess.
- Make basic yellow cake batter, add chopped cookies and mix just until blended. Divide batter evenly between pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and continue to cool on wire racks.
- Make fluffy white icing:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together milk and flour until mixture comes to a boil and thickens to a paste. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl of electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add cool milk and flour mixture and beat at medium-high speed until fluffy. Gradually add confectioner's sugar 1 tbs. at a time and beat until fully incorporated.
- Assemble cake:
- Place on cake top-side up on a serving platter, and spread about half of icing over layer completely covering sides and top. Sprinkle top of layer with about 1/4 c. ground cookie crumbs. Top with second cake top-side up and cover top and sides with remaining icing. Spread cookies crumbs over entire cake.
- You can decorate with entire chocolate sandwich cookies on top of the cake.