Pineapple Upside Down CakeFrom ali 6 years ago
- 1 jar maraschino cherries, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained, juices reserved shopping list
- 1 8 ounce can sliced pineapple, drained, juices reserved shopping list
- 1 package of butter cake mix shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter two 9 inch round cake pans. Sprinkle the bottom of each pan with 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- In one of the pans, sprinkle coconut over the brown sugar. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer on top of coconut. Place a cherry in the center of each ring. In the other pan, spread the drained crushed pineapple.
- Mix the cake as directed on package, but substitute reserved pineapple juice in place of water. Divide batter between the 2 pans. Remember which pan has the pineapple rings in it.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 20 minutes.
- While the bottoms of the cake pans are still warm to the touch, invert the layer with the crushed pineapple out onto a serving dish, then gently invert the layer with the pineapple rings on top of it for a dazzling two layer pineapple upside down cake.
People Who Like This Dish 37
The Cookali Las Vegas, NV
The Rating9 people
Sounds sooooe good! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
wow gotta love this double delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great flavours!! Had a bit of a problem getting the top layer out of the pan intact but it was good just the same..ariadnebarzane in Phoenix loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!