General Tsos ChickenFrom mamadelbosque 7 years ago
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2 TBSP. water shopping list
- 3/4 tsp minced fresh ginger shopping list
- or 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 3/8 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 TBSP white vinegar shopping list
- 2 TBSP sherry or white wine shopping list
- Meat: shopping list
- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bit size pieces shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 2-4 jalepenos shopping list
How to make it
- Place ingredients in a jar and shake well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Place chicken and egg in a zip lock bag and shake to coat chicken evenly. Add cornstarch and mix until chicken is evenly covered. Deep fry chicken at 350 degrees until crispy. Drain. This takes the longest
- Heat 1 TBSP of oil in a skillet. Add onions and peppers and stir fry for 30+ seconds. Add sauce mixture. Cook and stir until thick. Add chicken and cook just long enough to reheat through.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmamadelbosque Carrollton, OH
The Rating5 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love General Tsos Chicken.. and this is so much easier than mine... Thanks...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
This looks wonderful!
pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!