Killer Carrot CakeFrom mrswilliams 7 years ago
- cake: shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 6 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 whole orange in food processor shopping list
- frosting: shopping list
- 6 oz butter shopping list
- 9 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 5 1/2 - 6 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray and flour 3 round 9" cake pans, line with parchment paper circles.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix until slightly fluffy.
- Stir in dry ingredients, scraping bowl.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple, nuts, and orange.
- Pour evenly into pans, bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool.
- For frosting beat together butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Add milk to desired consistancy.
- Frost cooled cakes.
The Cookmrswilliams Ventura, CA
The Rating3 people
carrot cake is my absolute favorite! thnks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
Carrot cake is a favorite with my family, I'll give your recipe a try. I have a good one that I've been making for years, but I like the sounds of killer cake ;0) You have my 5, thanks for posting.henrie in Savannah loved it