Asparagus StrudelFrom bluewaterandsand 7 years ago
- 2 lg onions -- finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 pound butter or vegan margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan margarine shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups fine fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 8 phyllo pastry sheets shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed asparagus; washed - chopped and cooked until tender shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Saute the onions in 2 tablespoons of the butter or vegan margarine for 10 minutes, until soft but not browned.
- In another pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the butter or vegan margarine
- and saute the crumbs until crisp. Melt the remaining butter or vegan
- margarine in a small saucepan.
- Spread one phyllo pastry sheet out on a large board and brush with
- butter or margarine. Put another pastry sheet on top and brush with
- more butter or margarine. Repeat until all sheets have been used.
- Spread the onions evenly on top of the pastry, keeping the edges
- Put the asparagus over the top of the onions and sprinkle with
- three-quarters of the crumbs and the parsley.
- Fold over 2 inches all around the pastry, then fold the long edges
- over to make a roll. Place the roll, seam side down, on a baking
- sheet and bend it around into a horseshoe shape.
- Brush with remaining melted butter or margarine and sprinkle with
- the remaining crumbs. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, lemon slices and asparagus tips.
- Combine Yogurt and Herb Dressing ingredients, and
- serve with Strudel.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating9 people
As I said in a previous post, I just bought a ton of the nicest canned asparagus as it was on sale, now I have one more dish to try. It looks wonderful. Thanks!busmamawilliams in Clifton loved it
This recipe sounds fabulous...I love it.debwin in Toronto loved it
Oh Teresa! I can't begin to tell you how much I would love this!!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!