Date and Orange Salad w feta and pistachioFrom mintymommybee 8 years ago
- finely grated zest of 1 organic orange shopping list
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion shopping list
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar or white balsamic shopping list
- 6 large fresh dates shopping list
- 4 oranges shopping list
- 1 head butter lettuce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 C cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 C olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 C shelled green pistachios shopping list
- 2 ounces feta, thinly sliced shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- toss orange zest and onion w/vinegar and chill while preparing salad.
- If dates are hard, cover w/ hot damp towel for 5 minutes or longer until softened. Remove stones and quarte dates lengthwise.
- section oranges, working over bowl to catch juices.
- tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Now make vinaigrette by draining vinegar from onion into glass measuring cup and add enough of the orange juice to make 1/4 C.
- Stir in salt, chopped cilantro, spices, and oil.
- Taste for balance and add more vinegar if you want sharper taste.
- Toss the lettuce with orange sections, dates, pistachioes, and dressing.
- Mound salad onto a platter, scatter feta overtop
- grind pepper overtop
The Cookmintymommybee Anderson, IN
The Rating4 people
Love all the ingredients that you are using. It looks like a Greek or Turkish recipe if you would ask me - very nice!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
sounds great!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Dates and pistachios are a match made in Heaven. Delicious.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!