Ethiopian Green Beans and PotatoesFrom tazoncaffeine 6 years ago
- 2 large white potatoes, diced (and peeled if desired) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. green beans, cut into 1-inch sections shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 15-oz. can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Bring enough water to cover the potatoes to a boil in medium saucepan, and place the potatoes in.
- Cook for 12 minutes over high heat.
- Add the green beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Drain the potatoes and green beans in a colander.
- Heat large non-stick skillet.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and jalapeño for about 4 minutes, adding a little water, if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the seasonings and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the potatoes and green beans, stewed tomatoes, and lime juice and cook for 7 to 10 minutes more over medium heat, stirring frequently.
The Cooktazoncaffeine Manchester, NH
The Rating4 people
This is both an excellent side dish and a wonderful all up dish with a home made bread addition. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing the unique taste of this dish. :)virtualsteve in Wagga Wagga loved it
This looks wonderful. I can't wait to try it.
Thanks,cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Excellent sidedish! I can't wait to try it.
Thanks, Donman :)donman in Hammond loved it