Apricot CakeFrom 22566 6 years ago
- 1/4 Cup butter,softened shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg,beaten shopping list
- 3/4 Cup canned apricots,drained and pureed shopping list
- 1-1/4 Cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 Cup boiling water shopping list
- 3/4 Cup golden raisins,soaked over night in apricot brandy shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 300 degree:
- Butter a 8x8x2" pan,set aside.
- Cream butter,and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and blend well.
- Stir in the apricots,and set aside.
- Sift together flour,salt,cinnamon and cloves.
- Place baking soda in a measuring cup and add boiling water.
- Add half the dry mixture to creamed mixture,stir in,then add half the liquid,blending thoroughly,scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and liquid alternately.
- Drain raisins and stir in batter,pour into prepared pan.
- Bake on middle rack for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm,with whipped cream
People Who Like This Dish 3
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- 2302817 Port Hardy, Canada
- goldie20gold Santa Cruz, CA
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- joe1155 Munchen, DE
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- tuffyone North Billerica, MA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔