molasses cookiesFrom mykidsmom3 5 years ago
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 5 cups all purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- cream together the sugar and shortening, add molasses
- in small bowl combine baking soda and warm water, mix into molasses mixture.
- add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- gradually add the flour untill dough pulls away form sides of bowl and holds together. ( you may need a little less, or a little more than the 5 cups)
- seperate in to 2 balls in put in fridge for several hours or over night.
- when dough is cold, roll out on lightly floured surface too 1/4 inch thick. cut with your favorite cookie cutters.
- place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrease for 8-10 minutes. and transfer to cooling rack
- when cool decorate with your favorite forsting, or eat plain, either was is supper yummy.
The Cookmykidsmom3 Hoosick Falls, NY
The Rating4 people
OMG, this sounds fabulous. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Mother put in an order for molasses cookies that could be rolled out and cut into crescent moon cookies. Think this recipe just might fit the bill.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
This is not a standard dense cookie with a lot of sweet. It is more cake like. Good flavor but does not invoke my Pavlov response. These are going to the senior center today.
Oops! Forgot to make crescent shapes out of these.
Se...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!