Chocolate-Cherry BarsFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 eggs, divided shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla, divided shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats shopping list
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups (10 oz.) fresh sweet cherries (such as Bing or Royal Ann), pitted shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup of the butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add 1 cup of the brown sugar, the baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, occasionally scraping bowl. Beat in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat or stir in 1-1/4 cups of the flour. Stir in oats; set aside.
- For filling, in saucepan stir remaining 1-1/2 cups brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter over medium heat until combined; cool slightly. Stir in remaining 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; lightly beat with wooden spoon. Stir in remaining 1-1/4 cups flour and the chocolate.
- . Set aside 3/4 cup oats mixture; press remaining in pan. Spread filling, top with cherries, dot with reserved oats mixture, and sprinkle nuts. Bake 25 minutes, until top is light brown and filling is moist. Cool on rack 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Lift from pan; cut with serrated knife. Store, covered, at room temperature.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating5 people
Yummmmm........my husband will LOVE these!!!!
Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Oh, I like these.bamma in Lincoln loved it
I've made these before. They are AWESOME! You have my 5!mccookcook in Indianola loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!