White Russian CupcakesFrom jmatthews00 6 years ago
- 18 1/4 ounces yellow cake mix shopping list
- 3 1/2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup vodka shopping list
- 1/4 cup Kahlua, plus shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua shopping list
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, shavings shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, oil, milk, eggs, vodka, 1/4 cup Kahlua, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed.
- Spoon or scoop 1/3 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it three quarters of the way full. (Remove empty liners if you don't get the full 24 cupcakes).
- Bake until they are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, about 17-20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Brush the tops of the cupcakes with remaining 2 tablespoons Kahlua.
- Remove cupcakes from pans. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Place a large, clean mixing bowl and electric mixer beaters int he freezer to chill for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and beaters from the freezer.
- Pour the heavy cream into the bowl and beat with electric mixer on high speed until the cream has thickened, 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stop the machine and add the sugar and 1 tablespoon Kahlua.
- Beat the cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, 1-2 more minutes.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the whipped cream on each cupcake and swirl to spread it out with a short metal spatula or spoon, taking care to cover tops completely.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
The Cookjmatthews00 Central, NY
The Rating7 people
Sounds really yummmmy! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
Oh my goodness - these just sound so delicious! I love Kahlua and White Russians, so this has my name written all over it. Thanks so very much - I can't wait to try these - and welcome to Group Recipes! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Yum! I bet some Bailey's Irish Cream could also be added somewhere.....jett2whit in Union City loved it