Chicken PaprikashFrom selfmanic 8 years ago
- 1 4lb chicken cut into peices (i use 4 boneless skinless breasts) shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion cut into rings shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper sliced shopping list
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 14oz diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with the salt and peper.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken, skinside down, until golden brown without turning. Turn and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Spoon off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat. Remove the chicken.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and cook stiring for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, the paparika, and remaining salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Transfer to the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cucumbers and vinegar. Divide the chicken among plates and serve with a dollop of sour cream and the cucumbers.
The Cookselfmanic Augusta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!