Arabian Lamb Roast (Salt-Free)From hollyeats 8 years ago
- 2.2 - 2.5-lb. boneless leg of lamb roast shopping list
- 5 TBS almond oil or light sesame oil shopping list
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 TBS ground cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 thread saffron, crushed shopping list
- 1 coarsely chopped onion shopping list
- 3 TBS light honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark raisins shopping list
- 1 cup hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the oil with the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pepper and saffron.
- Rub the entire roast well with this mixture and chill, covered, overnight.
- Next day, take the roast out of the oven and let it sit 1 hour before proceeding.
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Place the roast with its spices and the chopped onion into a deep casserole and roast, open, 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the honey. After 25 minutes, drizzle the roast with the honey and add raisins to casserole.
- Reduce heat to 300° and continue roasting another 45-50 minutes.
- Remove roast and let stand in a warm place, covered, while making the sauce.
- Deglaze the pan with the hot water, stirring up all browned bits and reducing on high heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pureé the sauce with a hand mixer or in a blender; don't allow to cool.
- Slice the lamb, arrange on a platter and drizzle with the sauce.
- Serve with couscous or almond rice.