Lemon Tea CookiesFrom zombiexcupcake 8 years ago
- Cookie: shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup margarine or butter , softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter shopping list
- coconut or powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In med. bowl combine all cookie ingredients; blend well.
- Chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- With thumb or forefinger, make imprint in center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. or until lightly browned.
- Remove cookie from sheets immediately!
- In med. saucepan, combine all filling ingredients except coconut(or powdered sugar).
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened..
- Top each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon filling; sprinkle with coconut. Or powdered sugar.