Lobster and Avocado Summer Roll with Mango CoulisFrom ironchef 8 years ago
- For the Summer Rolls: shopping list
- 8 oz. avocado, sliced shopping list
- 2 lb. lobster tail, poached and cut into 1/4" medallions shopping list
- 4 oz. Mizuna or similar type peppery salad green shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped shopping list
- 6 oz. Prepared Japanese Seaweed Salad (Goma Wakame) shopping list
- 4 oz. hearts of palm, cut into 1/4" julienne shopping list
- 2 oz. Enoki mushroom shopping list
- 12 ea. Vietnamese rice paper Wrappers shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- For the mango Coulis: shopping list
- 1 c. Fresh Ripe mango, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. mirin or simple syrup shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 c. olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For the Lobster:
- Prepare pot of boiling water. Cook the lobster until just cooked through, about 3 minutes for every 2 oz. of lobster. Remove from boiling water and immediately shock in iced water to stop the cooking. Remove from shells, dry well, and reserve.
- For the Coulis:
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except for the salt. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately or refrigerate. Add more lime juice to taste if desired. This can keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- For the Summer Rolls:
- Moisten Rice Paper until soft. Layer the mizuna, avocado, enoki mushroom, hearts of palm, lobster, and seaweed salad on the rice paper. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with mint. Tightly roll each summer roll, and slice into two pieces. Serve with the mango coulis.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookironchef Honolulu, HI
The Rating2 people
Delicious. It's also really great with fresh fennel instead of hearts of palm. The fennel adds crunch and that lovely fennel-y layer along with changing the direction of the mango flavors.iatik in Morris Plains loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!