Bens Favorite Savory Bread Pudding with Sausage and Escarole an egg bakeFrom melissasue 7 years ago
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 lb ground sausage (we prefer spicy) shopping list
- 4oz escarole (one bunch without the stalk/white parts) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion (thinly sliced) shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic. shopping list
- 2 c whole milk (I use whatever is on hand usually 1%) shopping list
- 1 c shreaded swiss or gruyere shopping list
- 10 c cubed french style bread (most of a loaf) shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp peper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Fry onion in oil until golden.
- Add garlic and sausage to brown.
- Reduce heat to low and add chopped escarole.
- Cook 1-2 min until wilted.
- Whisk milk & eggs in a bowl.
- Stir in cheese, bread cubes, salt pepper and nutmeg.
- Add sausage mixture and stir to mix well.
- Spread mixture into 9x13 buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 375 until top is golden and knife in middle comes out mostly clean (35-45 min).