Debs 3 Bean Burgundy ChiliFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground sirloin or ground chuck shopping list
- 1 can red kidney beans,drained shopping list
- 1 can white navy beans,drained shopping list
- 1 can ranch style beans shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste(6oz) plus 2 cans of water(12 oz.) shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups mild or medium Pace Picante Sauce shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/3 cup burgundy shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Remove beef.
- Add remaining oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion,bell pepper and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salsa, water, garlic powder, chili power and cumin.
- Heat to a boil.
- Lower heat to low medium and return ground beef to pan.
- Add beans and burgundy
- .Cover and cook over low -medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with favorite toppings or over rice.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!