Easy Dill PicklesFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
How to make it
- * Note: Pickling cucumbers are cucumbers that are not less than
- 3-inches long and not more than 4-inches long.
- Wash the cucumbers and remove any stems. Cover with cold water
- and refrigerate overnight or for several hours. Pack the cucumbers into pint jars as tightly as possible. Poke in 2 sprigs of dill. Bring the cider vinegar, water, salt and garlic cloves (12 to 16 cloves depending on your taste) to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Fish out the garlic cloves with a slotted spoon and put one in each jar (or to taste) while the brine cools slightly. Pour the hot brine into the jars and seal.
- This recipe yields 12 pints.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating6 people
i love dill pickles my mom always canned them ..we never bought a pickle growing up she always had big beautiful gardens and canned everythingminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds great, about how many pickling cucs does this recipe call for? You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Been looking for this!! Thanks 5dooley in Krum loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!