Broccoli Bean PastaFrom desertgal 5 years ago
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 6 ounces uncooked small pasta shells shopping list
- 3 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2/3 cup white wine or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 7 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, sauté garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the beans, wine or broth and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; keep warm. Combine cornstarch, salt and milk until smooth; stir into bean mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add pasta mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.