Cheaters Chiles RellenosFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 lb. grated jack or Mexican white cheese shopping list
- 1/2 lb. grated sharp cheddar shopping list
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 TBS taco or enchilada seasoning shopping list
- 3 4-oz. cans mild whole green chiles shopping list
How to make it
- Split open chiles, rinse out seeds and dry on paper towels.
- Beat first 3 ingredients until smooth.
- Grease a 9x9-in. pan.
- Layer the chiles and cheese, pouring a small amount of the liquid on each layer.
- End with cheese and pour remaining liquid evenly over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; combine tomato sauce and taco seasoning and pour over top.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 9 squares and serving.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- NPMarie Magalia, CA
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- mrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
- annassewing Olympia, WA
- justjakesmom Everett, WA
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- goblue434 Anniston, AL
- jewls Los Angeles, CA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
The Rating3 people
We have similar opinions regarding Chiles Rellenos!mrspotatohead in Minneapolis loved it
I am throwing out my recipe for the same thing and going with this one! It sounds much better, I too am a chiles Rellenos fanatic.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
I LOVE 'Chilies Rellenos'..! Your recipe sounds
so 'mouth-watering'...I can hardly wait to try it!
I really like your use of a 'taco seasoning' mix
with the tomato sauce. Your cooking method is a nice change from the 'de...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!