Poor Mans MarmaladeFrom 22566 6 years ago
How to make it
- Wash,peel,and roughly chop carrots and barely cover with water.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minuted or until soft.
- Drain the carrots,and puree in blender.
- Measure the pulp and add the appropriate amount of sugar,stir to combine.
- Add Lemon Juice.
- In saucepan bring mixture to a boil,reduce heat,and cook,stirring occasionally for about 40 to 45 minutes or until jam has reached gelling point.
- Remove any scum that may rise to top of mixture.
- Add lemon zest,almonds,and Brandy,stir well to disperse the nuts.
- Ladle into warm sterilized jars,leaving 1/4" head space,cap and process for about 10 minutes in a boiling wate bath.
- Will be ready to eat in 2 Weeks
- Makes 4 half pints
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating4 people
sounds scrumptious thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds great!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
I love the idea of carrot jam. economical to boot! Wonderful post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!