Coconut CakeFrom grandmacooks 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks one at a time.
- Sift together flour, soda and baking powder and stir in coconut.
- Add dry mixture alternately with orange juice, blending well after each addition. Beat until well mixed but do not overbeat.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 9 inch layer pans and bake in preheated 325 oven for about 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool layers, then frost with your favorite frosting.
- Also good baked in a bundt or tube pan then frosted or glazed. Will require additional baking time.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookgrandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
The Rating5 people
Great recipe! Thank you for sharing it with us!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
wow a family get together cake Yum love coconut. thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
A lovely pass-down recipe to share.
Very sweet of you...
Bookmarked & gave it 5 forks!
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it